Disseminating the DNP Project Essay
Disseminating the DNP Project
It is critical to share research findings in the Doctorate in Nursing Practice field. This allows for the widespread distribution of knowledge and encourages its practical application in various settings (Heckert et al., 2020). The project’s impact on the healthcare community will be enhanced. To disseminate my recent project, “Examining Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction as an Effective Method for Reducing Anxiety Levels Among Adult Psychiatric Patients at Desai Medical Group: An 8-10 Week Study,” I recommend two effective methods: presenting it at professional conferences and publishing it in a reputable scholarly journal.
The American Psychiatric Association’s Annual Meeting is suitable for sharing the project findings. This conference, known for its holistic approach to psychiatric breakthroughs, brings together prominent professionals who focus on investigating innovative therapies for psychiatric diseases such as anxiety (Hu et al., 2023). We have a valuable opportunity to interact with a focused audience of professionals actively seeking new and evidence-based solutions by presenting the outcomes of our MBSR study at this distinguished event. The APA conference’s influence has the potential to expedite the adoption of MBSR procedures, particularly within healthcare facilities with similar patient demographics and difficulties, such as Desai Medical Group.
A highly regarded academic journal called “The American Journal of Psychiatry” is well renowned for thoroughly examining psychiatric research, including the discipline of anxiety treatment. The publication of a thorough research article describing the methodology, findings, and implications of using MBSR techniques for anxiety management can significantly increase the impact of this study and contribute valuable evidence-based interventions to address anxiety (Tikhonova & Raitskaya, 2020). The article will go through a rigorous peer-review process and have a wide readership that includes clinicians, researchers, and various healthcare professionals involved in mental health.
The project’s primary objective is to provide psychiatric care to adults, specifically in lowering anxiety with MBSR. The methods chosen for disseminating the project’s findings align with this objective. The American Journal of Psychiatry readers and APA Annual Meeting attendees are potential customers interested in improvements in mental health care. These platforms not only widen the project’s scope but also ensure that its findings result in real patient benefits because of the rising importance of evidence-based practices and the success of MBSR in psychiatric care.
Heckert, A., Forsythe, L. P., Carman, K. L., Frank, L., Hemphill, R., Elstad, E. A., Esmail, L., & Lesch, J. K. (2020). Researchers, patients, and other stakeholders’ perspectives on challenges and strategies for engagement. Research Involvement and Engagement, 6(1). https://doi.org/10.1186/s40900-020-00227-0
Hu, T. Y., Surampudy, A., Divatia, H., & Friedland, A. R. (2023). A quality improvement initiative to reduce pediatrician burnout led by the American Academy of Pediatrics section on internal medicine and pediatrics (med-peds). Cureus. https://doi.org/10.7759/cureus.41205
Tikhonova, E., & Raitskaya, L. (2020). Mapping the current research agenda on scholarly publishing: Scopus-indexed reviews. Journal of Language and Education, 6(4), 4–10. https://doi.org/10.17323/jle.2020.11743
Disseminating the DNP Project
The purpose of this assignment is to examine opportunities to disseminate your DNP project outside the practicum site.
Reflect on your readings this week and respond to the following:
- Identify at least one venue or source that would be an appropriate choice for the dissemination of your DNP project outside the practicum site. This could be a scholarly journal, a professional conference, an online nursing forum, etc.
- Evaluate how the selected venue or source would align with your proposed DNP practice change project.
Please click on the following link to review the DNP Discussion Guidelines on the Student Resource Center program page:
- Link (webpage): DNP Discussion GuidelinesLinks to an external site.
This discussion enables the student to meet the following program outcomes:
- Integrates scientific underpinnings into everyday clinical practice. (POs 3, 5)
- Uses analytic methods to translate critically appraised research and other evidence into clinical scholarship for innovative practice improvements. (POs 3, 5)
- Analyzes health care policies to advocate for equitable health care and social justice to all populations and those at risk due to social determinants of health. (POs 2, 9)
This discussion enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
- Apply clinical scholarship methodologies for designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating quality improvements and the translation of evidence-based practice, to improve healthcare outcomes at the micro, meso, or macrosystem level. (PCs 1, 3, 5; POs 3, 5, 9)