Applying the principles from the Nursing Leadership and Health Policy learning modules students will explore the role of the Registered Nurse Leader in policy advocacy
1. Topic mental health Issues in women during COVID 19 pandemic. Note: you have to include the population of women involved, basically the elderly women, single mothers with school age children the stress staying home and having to home school their children and low income families
2. The effects of the Pandemic on this population in regards to job loss, homelessness due to lack of money and emotional issues and what policy and bill number can help this issues among this population.
3. Each person will design a voice- narrated Powerpoint or Prezi to create a presentation and provide an overview of a grassroots policy challenge (present or past) that the identified organization supports. The policy challenge can be a local, state or federal policy issue. Create a title slide or page with the full name of each group member. Include a final slide or page with key references cited in APA 6th ed. format.
4. Each presentation should include up 9-10 voice slides between 10 minutes in length. Rehearse and time the presentation in advance to ensure that the 10-min. time limit is not exceeded.
5. One person from each assigned group will post the group signature assignment for his/her group as an attachment in the week seven discussion forum on or before Day 3, Week 7.
Each presentation will need to include (but is not limited to):
· Brief description of the policy challenge the team has chosen and the nursing association that was identified.
· Describe the “Agenda” for the identified policy challenge. Include how the policy issue was identified, (Did the organization complete a review of the literature, an environmental scan and/or a SWOT analysis, etc.?)
· Brief description of key stakeholders (those who will be affected and those who can effect change), ie, interest groups, opposition groups/individuals or coalitions.
· List the different strategies that the organization plans to or has already used to inform/lobby legislators, ie, e-mail campaign, in-person visit, testimony, protest, etc.
· List and describe any non-legislative strategies that were used or plan to be used to support the initiative.
· Describe where this policy challenge is in the legislative process and its implications for the future.
· Due: Sunday, 11:59 pm PT
· Length: 10 minutes 9- 10 voice slides with foot note
· Format: APA Style
See USU NUR Presentation Rubric for additional details and point weighting.
· Week 7: Signature Assignment: Policy Advocacy Presentation