Assignment: biopsychosocial assessment.
Assignment: biopsychosocial assessment.
Assignment: Watch the selected movie in preparation for the biopsychosocial assessment.
Select a movie from the following list:
- Terms of Endearment (1983) (PG)
- Ordinary People (1980) (R)
- Saving Mr. Banks (2013) (PG-13)
- My Sister’s Keeper (2009) (PG-13)
- Kramer vs. Kramer (1979) (PG)
- Footloose (1984) (PG)
- The Queen of Versailles (2012) (PG)
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (2011) (PG-13)
- 28 Days (2000) (PG-13)
Watch the selected movie in preparation for the biopsychosocial assessment. As you watch the movie, focus on one specific character in the movie as the focus of your clinical attention. Take notes over relevant patterns and significant moments/details within the characters’ journey. Consider the character’s behavior patterns within the confines of the movie. Information gathered in this introductory assignment is intended to prepare you for next week’s formal psychosocial assessment. Please note, this is for preparation purposes only and you do not need to submit the notes to your instructor.
Option 2: Case Study
Read the attached case study. Take notes over relevant patterns and significant moments/details within the persons’ journey. Information gathered in this introductory assignment is intended to prepare you for next week’s formal psychosocial assessment. Please note, this is for preparation purposes only and you do not need to submit the notes to your instructor.
Refer back to the movie you selected and watched or the case study you read during Topic 1. Consider the character you selected or the person from the case study and complete a biopsychosocial assessment about your selected person using the provided biopsychosocial template. Only complete Part 1 of the template, as Part 2 will be completed later in the course.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standard: 2.F.5.g: Essential interviewing, counseling, and case conceptualization skills.
This assignment meets the following NASAC Standards:
25) Gather data systematically from the client and other available collateral sources, using screening instruments and other methods that are sensitive to age, culture and gender. At a minimum, data should include: current and historic substance use; health, mental health, and substance-related treatment history; mental status; and current social, environmental, and/or economic constraints on the client’s ability to follow-through successfully with an action plan.
32) Based on an initial action plan, take specific steps to initiate an admission or referral, and ensure follow-through.
33) Select and use comprehensive assessment instruments that are sensitive to age, gender and culture, and which address: (a) History of alcohol and other drug use (b) Health, mental health, and substance-related treatment history (c) History of sexual abuse or other physical, emotional, and verbal abuse, and/or other significant trauma (d) Family issues (e) Work history and career issues (f) Psychological, emotional, and world-view concerns (g) Physical and mental health status (h) Acculturation, assimilation, and cultural identification(s) (i) Education and basic life skills (j) Socio-economic characteristics, lifestyle, and current legal status (k) Use of community resources (l) Behavioral indicators of problems in the domains listed above.
58) Confirm the client’s eligibility for admission and continued readiness for treatment/change.
59) Complete necessary administrative procedures for admission to treatment.
111) Prepare accurate and concise screening, intake, and assessment reports.