Assignment: chapter on Ethics
Assignment: chapter on Ethics
Assignment: Review the chapter on Ethics, and compare the NCDA current ethical code with the current ethical code of your discipline.
Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. Main references come from Capuzzi, D., & Stauffer, M. D. (2012) and/or American Psychological Association (2010). You need to have scholarly support for any claim of fact or recommendation regarding treatment. APA format also requires headings. Use the prompt each week to guide your heading titles and organize the content of your initial post under the appropriate headings. Remember to use scholarly research from peer-reviewed articles that is current. I have also attached my discussion rubric so you can see how to make full points. Please follow the instructions to get full credit for the discussion. I need this completed by 06/12/19 at 6pm.
Discussion – Week 3
NCDA Ethical Standards
The authors of Ethics Chapter in the course text claim that while conducting research for the chapter, they found a paucity of sources dedicated to ethical and legal issues specifically aimed at vocational/career counseling. Given the likelihood of a counselor encountering a client with vocational/career issues, this Discussion will focus your attention on the material in the text and on the ethical standards from NCDA, which are dedicated to vocational/career counseling.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review the chapter on Ethics, and compare the NCDA current ethical code with the current ethical code of your discipline (either ACA or APA)
- Given your specific specialty area, work setting, and client population*, select two individual standards (one from the NCDA Code and one from the ACA or APA Code) that you think are most important to adhere to and explain why.
- Then select two individual standards (one from the NCDA Code and one from the ACA or APA Code) that you think would be most challenging to adhere to, given your specialty area, work setting, and client population
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 4 a brief summary of each of your selections. Then explain why you chose each standard. Comment on any differences you found between the NCDA and the ACA or APA Codes of Ethics.
Note: In the subject line of your post, place the letter and number of each of the standards you selected, along with which code they come from (e.g., NCDA B.1.c. and ACA F.5.b, etc.)
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
· Capuzzi, D., & Stauffer, M. D. (2012). Career counseling: Foundations, perspectives, and applications. (2nd ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson Education.
- Chapter 5, “Ethical and Legal Issues in Career Counseling”
- National Career Development Association (NCDA) Ethical Standards
- National Career Development 2015 Standards
Pick one of the web sites below to review, depending on your specialty area, in addition to the NCDA Ethical Standards, which everyone is to review.
- American Psychological Association (APA). (2010). Ethical Standards
- American Counseling Association (ACA). (2014). ACA Code of Ethics. Retrieved from
Highlights of the ACA Code of Ethics
- National Board for Certified Counselors
· National Career Development Association. (2015). Internet sites for career planning. Retrieved from