#1 Family, Marriage and Couples Therapy Movie/TV Experience -The Couples/Family Assessment & Project
#2 Family, Marriage and Couples Therapy Final Power Point Project (3 points)
Pick what TV show or Movie focusing on a couple &family will be using you’re your Family, Marriage and Couples Therapy Movie/TV Experience & Family Assessment. Young and the Restless
Write an overview about the show, couple, and how you plan to approach the project over the next 3months
Next discuss Family, Marriage and Couples Therapy Final Power Point Project and your ideas at least narrowing it down to 2 choices as well as how you will approach this project over the next 3 months.
READ: Gurman, Lebow& Snyder (2015): Behavioral Approaches:
Chapters 2 – Cognitive-Behavioral Couple Therapy & Chapter 3 Integrative Behavioral Couple Therapy.
READ: Nichols (2017): Cognitive-Behavioral Family Therapy
Week 2 Discussion
#1 Pick one of the two approaches and prepare a summary report with the following using your text as a reference with your work:
Cognitive Behavioral Couple Therapy / Integrative Behavioral Couple Therapy
1. What approach did you select and what is the background and overview of the approach?
2. What is the structure of the therapy process? List the key principles of the approach.
3. How does this approach work with a healthy/well-functioning versus dysfunctional couple relationship?
4. What is the role of the therapist with this approach?
5. How is assessment and treatment planning completed with this approach?
6. How is goalsetting handled with this approach?
7. What interventions (techniques, strategies for modifying behavior, mechanisms of change) are specific to this approach? List at least 3 if possible and how you might use one of them in application.
8. What is one take away or insight you gained learning about this approach &what would make you recommend it to others?