Assignment: effective options.
Assignment: effective options.
Assignment: Explain how you will implement the decision made and reflect on whether this option was the most effective.
Scenario 3: You are a sales representative for a company that encourages staff to log time in the field and away from the office. You are expected to begin and end your day at the office. You notice that each day when you arrive and return another co-worker is already there, and you wonder whether this person spends most of his / her time at the office. At your weekly sales meeting, you are informed of your co-workers’ outstanding sales performance. You suspect that this co-worker is spending more time flattering the boss instead of working leads in the field, and as a result is getting the best client referrals. Your own sales numbers have steadily decreased since this other sales representative was hired.
Scenario 4: You have a major exam that is due by Sunday night at 11:59pm and it covers the entire first-half of the term. You are scheduled for 55 hours that week at work and, because it’s a busy time of the year, your employer has insisted no one was allowed to call-in without a doctor’s excuse. Penalty for this would be a 2-week suspension without pay. Your grades have been poor all term long and if you fail this test, you will fail out of the school. To add to your week, your best friend is having a monster party on Saturday night that you’ve been dying to go to for months.
Scenario 5: Professor’s Choice – problem scenario presented by your professor.
Scenario 6: Student’s Choice – Problem scenario presented by you.
Review the six-step problem solving process outlined in the webtext, based on the article “The Problem Solving Process” located at :
· Step One: Define the problem
· Step Two: Analyze the problem
· Step Three: Generate options
· Step Four: Evaluate options
· Step Five: Make your decision
· Step Six: Implement and reflect
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Define the problem in the scenario that you have chosen.
2. Analyze the problem in the scenario.
3. Generate options for solving the problem in the scenario.
4. Evaluate the options for solving the problem.
5. Decide on the best option for solving the problem.
6. Explain how you will implement the decision made and reflect on whether this option was the most effective.
The paper should follow guidelines for clear and organized writing:
· Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph.
· Address main ideas in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
· Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spelling.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA Style format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Note: This assignment will be automatically run through SafeAssign plagiarism detection software in order to check for originality, and a report will be sent to your instructor.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Recognize the hindrances to the decision-making process in order to apply problem-solving skills to a variety of situations.
· Create written work utilizing the concepts of critical thinking.
Click to view the grading rubric.