PS380 Multicultural Psychology
Directions: Be sure to save an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling, and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be four (4) double‐spaced pages; refer to the “Format Requirementsʺ page for specific format requirements.
1. What is the difference between explicit and implicit characteristics of a culture? Choose your own culture, or a culture that you are familiar with and provide two (2) examples of explicit characteristics of the culture and two (2) implicit characteristics of the culture.
2. Describe the relationship between intelligence and intelligent behavior. Describe two (2) original examples of intelligent behavior that may seem intelligent among members of one culture but may not seem intelligent among members of another culture.
3. Briefly describe dichotomous variables and provide two (2) original examples of dichotomous variables. Briefly describe continuous variables and provide two (2) original examples of continuous variables.
Please refer to the rubric on the next page for the grading criteria for this assignment.
9. Kastner M, Tricco AC, Soobiah C, Lillie E, Perrier L, Horsley T,
et al. What is the most appropriate knowledge synthesis method
to conduct a review? Protocol for a scoping review. BMC Med
Res Methodol. 2012;12(1):114.
10. Grant M, Booth A. A typology of reviews: an analysis of 14
review types and associated methodologies. Health Inform Libr J.
11. Critical Appraisal Skills Programme (CASP). Qualitative re-
search checklist. Collaboration for Qualitative Methodologies.
ac670e49f274.pdf. Accessed 8 July 2014.
12. Thomas J, Harden A. Methods for the thematic synthesis of
qualitative research in systematic reviews. BMC Med Res
13. Tong A, Flemming K, McInnes E, Oliver S, Craig J. Enhancing
transparency in reporting the synthesis of qualitative research:
ENTREQ. BMC Med Res Methodol. 2012;12:181.
14. Carusone SC, Loeb M, Lohfeld L. A clinical pathway for treating
pneumonia in the nursing home: part II. The administrators’
perspective and how it differs from nurses’ views. J Am Med Dir
15. Lim CJ, Kwong M, Stuart RL, Buising KL, Friedman ND,
Bennett N, et al. Antimicrobial stewardship in residential aged
care facilities: need and readiness assessment. BMC Infect Dis.