Research Psychologist A has been conducting a study with human subjects for nearly a year. As a result, A has come to know Participant A quite well. The study is taking longer than expected, and some of the participants are leaving the study. Because of the nature of the working relationship with the participants, Research Psychologist A and Participant A have become interested in an intimate relationship. Since neither one wants to jeopardize the progress of the study, they agree to retain only a professional relationship for the duration of the study, and then to pursue an intimate relationship once the study is completed and the results have been published.
· Review the 2010 APA Ethics Code.
· Refer to Pope, K. S. (n.d.). Dual relationships, multiple relationships, & boundary decisions.
Include paper (1,750-2,000 words) addresses the following:
- No plagiarism.
- Due: October 6, 2017 (Friday) NLT 6pm (EST).
- Assistance from doctoral level expert in the field of psychology.
- APA formatting. Reference and Title Pages not part of paper count.
- Clear thesis, main claim. Argument is clear and convincing, presented a persuasive claim.
- Describe the ethical conflict in the scenario above thoroughly.
- Describe the options for resolving the ethical conflict including the interpersonal perceptions and other considerations that influence the options. (Evaluate changes in one’s ability to be perceptive of others.) thoroughly
- Identify the preferred option for resolving the conflict, and explain why it is the best option. How does this option address the needs, potential, and motivations of the involved parties? (Synthesize the potential and motivations of self and others.) thoroughly
- Propose steps Research Psychologist A should take to avoid a similar situation in the future.
Ethical Influences and Influencers (assignment #2)
Topic: Suicide which is influenced by and/or is influencing psychology ethics.
Include a paper (1,250-1,500 words) in which you discuss the influence of the selected issue. Include the following in your paper:
1. No plagiarism.
2. Due: October 6, 2017 (Friday) NLT 6pm (EST).
3. Assistance from doctoral level expert in the field of psychology.
4. APA formatting. Reference and Title Pages not part of paper count.
5. Include atleast two peer-reviewed journal dated within the last five years.
6. A detailed explanation of the issue thoroughly.
7. A discussion of how the issue influences psychology ethics from an objective (scholarly) perspective thoroughly.
8. A discussion of how the issue influences psychology ethics from a subjective (personal) perspective thoroughly.
9. A discussion of how, if at all, the issue is influenced by current psychology ethics.