For this assignment, please review the Case Scenario on page 112 and Case Scenario 1 on page 131 (Kersey-Matusiak, 2019). Reflect on your attitudes, beliefs, and practices as they apply to each case scenario. This assignment requires you to address your personal feelings about culturally and linguistically appropriate service and care for the terminally ill. Remember, answer these questions from your unique perspective, so there is no right or wrong response. You must address each problem.
For this assignment, create a 1250-1500-word essay based on the following case studies.
Read the following two Case Studies and answer the questions presented below.
- Case Scenario: Mrs. Garcia is located in Chapter 6 on page 112.
- Where are you on the Cultural Competency Staircase regarding this patient’s language and culture? How will you progress to the next level? (Review Chapter 1 and the Staircase Model in Kersey-Matusiak textbook).
- What knowledge do you need to have about this patient, including cultural/language needs, to provide this patient with culturally sensitive care?
- What would you personally do to address the needs of this patient?
- What resources do you need, and how would you obtain them?
- What cultural assessment model would you plan to use to assess this patient?
- Case Scenario 1: Ms. Vera Talsford located in Chapter 7 page 131
- Have you considered the significance of your death?
- Do you believe in life after death?
- Where are you on the Cultural Competency Staircase when caring for patients who are terminally ill? How will you progress to the next level?
- How comfortable are you caring for this patient and discussing issues related to her and her family’s death and dying process?
- What cultural information about the patient will you need to obtain culturally sensitive care during the EOL?
- What kinds of psychological, emotional, and spiritual support would you need if given a similar diagnosis?
Length: 1250–1500 words; answers must thoroughly address the questions clearly and concisely.
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment. include brief introduction of the 2 case scenarios. include conclusion. summary of the 2 case scenarios.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims. Reference within 5 years from 2017.