I’m working on a psychology exercise and need a sample draft to help me understand better.
This week, you will critique a research study that uses factor analysis. First, you must locate an empirical article that presents research (preferably related to a topic in psychology) that uses a form of exploratory factor analysis. Tip: Please do not select an article that uses confirmatory factor analysis as this topic will not be covered until Week 11. Once you have chosen an appropriate article, write a paper to summarize the study, and provide a response to each of the following :
- Explain the purpose of this study and how this purpose aligns with the use of factor analysis. Determine if the use of factor analysis was appropriate, given the study’s purpose.
- Identify the assumptions that must be met to utilize factor analysis. Did the study meet these assumptions? Review the statistics that were performed to test for these assumptions.
- Examine the different factors used to determine the ideal sample size for this factor analysis. Did the study adhere to the recommended number of cases (participants)?
- Describe the analysis and results.
- Identify the type of extraction that was used.
- Explain where the factors were rotated and if so, describe how they were rotated. If not, why not?
- Explain charts, plots, or matrixes that were presented to aid in the interpretation of results.
- Summarize the results of the study.
- Critique common sources of bias in factor analysis and how the study addressed these issues.
- Explain the implications of this study based on the results of the factor analysis.
Length: 4-6 pages, not including title or reference pages
References: Include a minimum of 2 scholarly resources.
The completed assignment should address all of the assignment requirements, exhibit evidence of concept knowledge, and demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the content presented in the course