Develop a financial plan for Patton-Fuller Community Hospital for the upcoming year using the 2010 Operating Budget Assumptions memo and the 2009 Operating Budget in the Patton-Fuller Community Hospital Virtual Organization.
Create a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft ® PowerPoint® presentation in which you address the following:
- Identify the GAAP used to create the financial plan.
- Identify the financial statements used to develop the financial plan.
- Describe the payment systems and participants that contribute to the hospital revenue.
- Describe revenue trends that affect the hospital.
Address the following in the speaker notes:
- Explain the relevance of each GAAP to the financial plan.
- Discuss the value of each financial statement identified to your decision-making process in the financial plan.
- Describe the relationship of the financial statements used in the financial plan.
- Describe each payment system and its effect on financial planning.
- Clarify the financial contribution of each participant and the effect of each as a source of revenue.
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines.
Submit the financial plan and presentation.
HCS 577 WEEK 4 Financial Plan and Presentation
Sample Engagement Letter
Name of CFP® Professional
City, State Zip
City, State Zip
Dear Mr./Ms. [Client Name]:
Thank you for the opportunity to meet with you. I welcome the opportunity to work with you as your financial planner. This engagement letter outlines the specific terms of the financial planning engagement between:
NAME OF CFP® PROFESSIONAL, CLIENT1 and CLIENT2
If the scope or terms of the financial planning engagement change, they should be documented in writing and mutually agreed upon by all parties to the engagement.
Please be assured that all information that you provide will be kept strictly confidential. During the financial planning engagement I may, on occasion, be required to consult with other third-party professionals at which time I would obtain your written permission to disclose your personal information.
As discussed during our introductory meeting, this engagement will include all services required to develop a [TYPE] plan. These services will specifically include: [CHOOSE ANY THAT APPLY –DELETE ANY THAT DO NOT APPLY]
• Reviewing and prioritizing your goals and objectives. • Developing a summary of your current financial situation, including a net worth statement, cash flow summary, and insurance analysis. • Reviewing your current investment portfolio and developing an asset management strategy. • Developing a financial management strategy, including financial projections and analysis. • Completing a retirement planning assessment, including financial projections of assets required at estimated retirement date. • Assessing estate net worth and liquidity.
• Identifying tax planning strategies to optimize financial position. • Presenting a written financial plan that will be reviewed in detail with you. It will contain recommendations designed to meet your stated goals and objectives, supported by relevant financial…