1. Identify a current political topic of interest to you that has an impact on health care or nursing. The topic an be one identified in your textbook, a current Assembly bill in Wisconsin legislature, or other political topic affecting health care or nursing.
2. Research the topic, clarify your point of view, and choose a federal or state legislator to whom you will address your opinions and request for political action.
3. Write a letter to the legislator (example in your textbook) to include:
- Your name and address
- Legislator’s name and address
- A single topic of concern to you
- Your request or points of view stated in the first sentence
- A brief rationale for your point of view or request