Masters-Prepared Nurse’s Role in Health Care Today: Outline
Review the CWE Sample Outline, Week One Electronic Reserve Reading, and The Essentials of Masters Education in Nursing (2011).
Create an outline for your Learning Team presentation due in Week 5. (Use the Sample Outline as a guide.)
Conduct library research to prepare for the final presentation.
Provide three university library resources in APA format
HSN 505 WEEK 5 Masters-Prepared Nurse’s Role in Health Care Today Presentation
Prepare a 15- to 20-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation on the role of the masters-prepared nurse in the current health care environment. The presentation must include:
- Speaker notes with in-text citations
- Title slide
- Introduction slide
- Introduce the topic and each team member
Answer the following questions:
- Why is interdisciplinary, collaborative team work essential for nursing today?
- Why is evidence-based practice used in nursing practice today?
- How does QSEN promote nursing professionalism?
- Explain how graduate-level oral communication will be used in nursing practice.
- Explain the significance of computer literacy in professional nursing practice,
- Describe two specific reasons why life-long learning is necessary for a masters-prepared nurse.
Include three peer-reviewed library resources.
Cite resources according to APA guidelines.
Submit according to your facilitator’s instructions.
HSN 505 WEEK 4 Peer Review Reflection
Reflect on the peer review process.
Answer the following questions in 100–350 words:
- What did you learn by reviewing another student’s paper?
- How will this help you refine your rough draft?
Include at least two specific examples of how you can improve your rough draft.
Submit to the assignments area in a Microsoft Word document.
HSN 505 WEEK 1 Starting with the Basics
Starting with the Basics Worksheet
Log on to the Class Home page. Explore the resources available on the site and use them to answer the following questions.
Submit this worksheet according to your facilitator’s instructions.
- What are six resources available for study in the Center for Mathematics Excellence? (Click on Library > Center for Mathematics Excellence >Building Math Confidence).
- Which two reviewing services are available to students through the Center for Writing Excellence?
- Which five Live Labs offer assistance with writing (Hint: Click on Library > Center for Writing Excellence >View Live Services>Live Labs)?
- Which formatting tool does University of Phoenix offer you to create a document consistent with APA guidelines?
- Which resources in the “Tutorials & Guides” section of the Center for Writing Excellence offers tips about how to format using APA style according to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.)?
- Use the following information to correctly build a reference consistent with APA guidelines:
- Book title: Understanding Health Insurance: A Guide to Billing and Reimbursement
- Edition: 9th
- Authors: Michelle A. Green and JoAnn C. Rowell
- City of publication: Clifton Park
- State of publication: New York
- Name of the publisher: Delmar Cengage Learning
- Year the book was published: 2008
- Reference any book you have available. Use proper APA formatting to reference your book. Examples and help are found in the Library tab under Useful Links on the right side.
- What are the five icon headings available in the “Grammar and Writing Guides” section of the Center for Writing Excellence?
- Locate the definitions of active and passive voice using the Writing Style resources in the Grammar and Writing Guide. Select which of the following sentence is written in the active voice and which is written in passive voice.
- Some of the content of this document was previously submitted by Mary.
- Mary previously submitted some of the content of this document.
- Define plagiarism in your own words. Explain the difference between summarizing, paraphrasing, and plagiarizing. Use the Plagiarism resources in the Grammar and Writing Guides to assist you with. How will you avoid plagiarism in your college work? Explain your answers in at least 50 words.
- Add the correct punctuation to the following sentences:
- Karen is a knowledgeable intelligent person
- Roger left the bookstore he met the Learning Team at the coffee shop.