MIS 690 Topic 6 CLC Calibration and External Validation Literature Review
This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
Review the article, “Validate to Bring Out the Real Value of Visual Analytics,” provided in the study materials, for an in-depth understanding of expert validation, predictive validation, external validation, and cross validation.
Conduct a literature review of similar research to compare the model that you completed in Topic 5.
Create a draft outline with the following items in your literature review.
- Complete an external and cross validation.
- Explain if your validation method is still sufficient and discuss if the model results are consistent with theories in your field.
- What are the next steps for your model? Be specific.
- Is there a need for a model revision? If so, describe what shortcomings you encountered. If not, describe why.
- What future recommendations would you make to your model if you had another opportunity? What would you do differently?
- You are required to include at least three scholarly peer-reviewed sources.
Synthesize the information from the draft outline to complete, in 750-1,000 words, the relevant components of the External Model Verification and Calibration section of the “Capstone Project Thesis Template.”
Submit both the draft outline and the updated “Capstone Project Thesis Template.”
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the for assistance.