Required Resources Read/review the following resources for this activity:
· Textbook: Chapter 10, 11
· Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions Consider one of the following current – or one of your choice:
· Gun violence
· Economic inequality
· Violent crime
For the initial post, address the following:
· State your position on one of these issues – are you for, against, or neutral? Explain why. Avoid vagueness or ambiguity in your response. Make your position very clear.
· Examine how you have formed that opinion.
· How well do you think you know the facts?
· Do you know and understand statistical information that applies to the issue?
· Do you think you have formed your opinion using only System-1 thinking, or have you applied System-2?
· What part have heuristics, cognitive bias, and structuring played in how you have formed your opinions?
The initial post is not about how “correct” your position is; it is about how you arrived at your position on the issue. This discussion requires application of metacognition – thinking about how you think.
· Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source)
· APA format for in-text citations and list of references