Task 8 Bus 120
Ethics, Environmental and Social Responsibility in Marketing
Corporate social responsibility is not an optional “add-on” to business operations, nor is it a single act of philanthropy (a donation). A socially responsible company is one that leads a profitable business, taking into account the overall positive or negative effect that it has on society, the economy, and the natural environment. Organizations act in a socially responsible manner when they align their behaviors with the norms and demands embraced by their main stakeholders. Being socially responsible require organizations to be concerned about people, society and environment with whom and where it conducts business.
Ethical & Social Responsibility in Marketing
Ethical marketing is an ideology that has as its central focal point honesty, fairness and responsibility. Although wrong and right can be construed as subjective, in general a basic set of guidelines can be implemented to ensure the company’s intent is broadcasted and achieved.
Moreover, since most businesses are cognizant of the fact that consumers are savvy and opinionated, it is imperative that firms devise an ethically sound marketing plan and integrate it into all aspects of their marketing mix.
Read the following and respond:
Discuss the role of ethical and social responsibility in achieving a business marketing objectives. What effect does ethical and social responsibility practices have on consumer behavior?
• Minimum Page Length – 2 full pages (excluding title/header and reference list); 12-point Times New Roman; double spaced; and page numbering.
• Be sure to answer the entire question to receive maximum credit for this task.
• Use and include information from the weekly course content and outside sources to support the conclusions contained in the paper.
• All sources should be cited in proper APA format (in-text citations and a reference list).
• This task is due on Sunday at 11:59 pm EST.