Unit 4 Assignment Template: The Customer Service Plan for PlaySMART Toys
Existing Customer Service Plan to date:
Mission: To make toys that kids of all ages love.
Vision: To make all PlaySMART toys environmentally friendly by 2025.
Values: We value safety, health, and the planet.
Results of SWOT completed in the last month:
>There are two new competitors entering the market with high-technology toys and games.
>There are only 6 CSRs working 8-hour shifts in-house, and costs are very high.
>Recently there have been some new customers accessing the website and ordering from Asia.
Department Goals (as seen in the SWOT Analysis table below):
-Increase customer satisfaction by 20%.
-Answer all calls right away.
-Build our customer base through social media in the next 6 months.
-Create a new line of interactive toys by the end of the year.
-Reduce customer complaints.
-Evaluate results on a timely basis.
Children in the United States (U.S.) ages 1–14.
We will gather extensive data via the website on an hourly basis.
We will provide an incentive , “Valued Customer Rewards,” based on points customers garner from writing reviews of products on the website.
We provide a website and company blog.
Assignment: Enter your responses from here onward in a total of 500 words minimum, remembering to use a minimum of one short journal article citation. When your responses are complete, erase this first page.
1. Enter your SMART version of the existing goals.
|Customer Service Department Goals||Your Revised SMART Goals|
|Increase customer satisfaction by 20%.|
|Answer all calls right away.|
|Build our customer base through social media in the next 6 months.|
|Create a new line of interactive toys by the end of the year.|
|Reduce customer complaints.|
|Evaluate results on a timely basis.|
2. Now show the process the Customer Service Department will use to achieve these SMART goals (referencing the Customer Service Experience Life Cycle from your Reading area), by adding a process graphic. Add a process graphic by accessing the Insert tab at the top of this document. Select SmartArt®, and then select Process from the left-hand menu and choose the editable process graphic you want to use.
[If you wish to add another diagram process step, just right click on the last box and you should see the option to add a shape. If you hover over “add a shape,” you should see the option to add this shape before or after the last one. You can also copy the three existing graphics boxes and put a copy of these below to add on multiple sets. You can add as many as you feel necessary. Erase these instructions before submission.]
3. Target Customers:
[Insert description based on customer life stages and demographics. (You will surmise this information.) For further help, consult the Unit 4 Reading: The Customer Service Plan.]
4. Value Proposition: Reference the Customer Service Experience Life Cycle:
Explain how they can provide value to the customer.
5. Customer Interface: [Consult the and Customer Service Experience Life Cycle (Tab 5 of CSR Tool Belt) but do not copy.]
6. Personnel: Describe the personnel needed.
7. Use a minimum of one Purdue Global Library database journal article to support your plan and provide a short APA citation and accompanying reference on a separate reference page.
Submit your completed -formatted and citation-styled document to the Unit 4 Dropbox.